Is this your first visit to The Art of Art?


If you want to know what this is all about, you can find all the information you need on the right sidebar under "You might want to know". Enjoy the blog!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Working in passes: a blog post

It might have occurred to some of you, that I must have used my "Art of Art" methods to write the book about my "Art of Art" methods - as indeed I have. It was a strange thing, using a tool to describe itself. It was like making a huge drawing of the pencil I'm drawing with. The funniest thing was when I found myself making process mistakes while writing advice about how to avoid those very same mistakes! It happened several times and actually now that I think of it, it wasn't so funny at all. Made me feel profoundly stupid.

Anyway, here's the execution process of one of my creative process blog posts. The original post is here. Do compare the three passes with the three rows in the Verdi sculpting post (picture also appears below), and you can begin to see what I mean when I say that the creative process is common to all forms or art. And this is not just because it's my special way of doing it: you will find that method preached in any good book on any subject.

I recommend that you read the four versions (or at least skim them though). You can do this by using the full screen feature of the slideshow, and then using the arrows at the bottom right corner to go through the pages at your own pace.
Note: If for some reason you can't see the embedded work, try this link.




No comments:

Post a Comment